There are a lot of areas to think about when buying a new car, and for many people, safety is high on that list. This is one reason why the 2021 Ford Explorer is a very popular family vehicle. It’s designed to help keep everybody safe, thanks to these features:
The Ford Explorer is a sizable SUV, but it doesn’t drive like one. Even when roads get curvy, it remains very composed. Its standard rear-wheel drive also offers excellent traction, and this can be augmented with available four-wheel drive.
Numerous Standard Features
The standard safety features in the new ford Explorer are plentiful. These include:
- A rearview camera – You’ll always be able to get a clear view of what’s behind you. And with the built-in washer, it will remain clean and free of debris.
- Blind spot monitoring – Never again will you need to worry about changing lanes, as blind spot monitoring detects traffic around you and offers alerts. This also includes rear cross-traffic alert, which monitors the cars behind you.
- Automatic emergency braking – This system scans the road and warns you if it detects a potential collision with another car or a pedestrian. If you don’t apply the brakes, they will automatically engage.
- Lane keep assist – It’s easy to get distracted while driving, and with lane keep assist, your car will help ensure you stay in your lane. Plus, if you keep drifting, you’ll get an alert telling you it’s time to take a break.
Many Available Safety Features
To make your Ford Explorer even safer, you can equip it with several other features, such as:
- Traffic sign recognition
- Perpendicular and parallel park assist
- Adaptive cruise control
- Reverse brake assist
- A surround-view parking camera system
- Evasive steering assist
Think the Ford Explorer is right for you? Come check out the models in stock at our Ford dealership near Oscoda.